Friday, September 12, 2008

The Swing of Things

I feel bad I haven't updated our blog in a while. Really a lot has been going on. But all good things. We have been trying to adjust to getting things in our life back in order. I decided not to return to teaching this year. It wasn't an easy decision. Thanks to all that listened to me go back and forth for about the last 6 or 7 months. I think I was just finally relieved to have made a decision and didn't have to think about it anymore.

As sad as it was to leave teaching, I have had another opportunity bloom that really has been there my entire life; cheesecake! Yes, I am doing some part time work for my dad with his store. Justin has always wanted to get into the "cheesecake business" [and me, for that matter], but we just didn't know how to take the leap. We felt this was the best time for us and are excited at the possibilities down the road. For now, I am grateful that my dad [well, and my mom too!] have given me this opportunity to make it possible to breathe. I was feeling very suffocated by trying to balance work, Justin, doctors, scans, insurance bills, referrals, Jackson...the list continues. Once the summer hit, I felt a bit of relief and knew that I needed to make a change. Teaching is way more then "getting your summers off, plus holidays," and my heart was just not in it anymore.

Justin is quite the opposite of me. He has jumped into work and hasn't missed a beat. Jackson and I barely saw him for dinner this week he was working so much. And he loves being able to give 100 % again.

On Monday, Justin will have a special CT scan and a simulation with his radiation oncologist to get ready for radiation. We are still not sure when he will start, how much radiation he will get, nor for how long. I am sure we will have answers on Monday. We are also hoping that radiation is a "piece of cake" compared to chemo. Everyone keeps saying this to him, but we have heard of some unpleasant side effects. Deep down, I think we just hope that Justin will continue to feel great like he does now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes on Monday! Miss you both! Ellen

Anonymous said...

teams.lightthenight.org/victoriahone

lol heres where you can donate

click on my name to give monayyyyy