Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Light the Night

The Leukemia-Lymphoma society holds an annual event titled "Light the Night Walk." The walks take place in pretty much every city throughout the year. Feel free to check out the links for more information.

The reason I bring this up is because our friends, Maureen and Stephen, are participating in the walk in Raleigh Saturday, September 13th. I met Maureen through an online support group for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She and Stephen have been a great source of support! Stephen was diagnosed around the same time as Justin. He just finished his last treatment of AVBD today. Go Stephen!

Maureen and Stephen have kindly made a ribbon in honor of Justin, as well as other family members they know who have been diagnosed with a blood cancer. The gesture has completely blown our minds! So I am putting a link to their website and hoping that if anyone had thought about possibly donating money to the Society, this might be a great way to do it.

Keep posted. Justin and I plan on participating in the walk here in Michigan next year.

The Fun Bunch

And thanks again to the Ragons! It is really difficult to put into words just what this has meant to us!!!

2 comments:

Duane said...

Hey Justin,

I just found your blog via the WebMagic Forum. Great site!

Thanks for enriching the cancer blogosphere with your story. Now that I'm aware of it I'll continue to check in.

Wishing you health and happiness.

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for that! I just signed up for the one here in florida!

love ya

thats great on the news!

your bestest cousin

Tori