Monday, August 11, 2008

Blogging for Blood Cancers

Blogging only came to me in our biggest time of crisis. I had to figure out a way to inform all our loving and concerned family and friends how Justin was doing in a quick, precise manner. I didn't realize that this blog would lead to a way I could help others. First off, I have found that some people follow this blog that we have never met. Individuals that unfortunately find themselves in a similar situation as Justin.

The Blogging for Blood Cancer Event is another way I am able to help those battling a blood cancer. I don't think you realize just how important not only money, but also raising awareness regarding cancer is until you find yourself or a love one in the situation. Even though I am new to this whole blogging world, I see this as a great way to raise awareness for all blood cancers, including Hodgkin's lymphoma.

I have mentioned this site before, but The Leukemia-Lymphoma Society website is a great place to start if you are looking for information regarding any of the blood cancers or you want information for how you can get involved raising money for the society.

Justin has his first PET scan since his treatment ended two weeks ago bright and early Wednesday morning. Hopefully we will have the results by Friday. Normally I wouldn't post anything until then because I know most of you are here to check for his updates. But I figure it is for a good cause and reason to post a few stories and information throughout this week for this event.

2 comments:

Goodies for Mom said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful post about the importance of raising awareness!!!

Justin will be in my thoughts this week as he goes for his scans.

Goodies for Mom said...

Goodies for Mom Blogging for Blood Cancer Winner

Congratulations, you are one of the lucky winners from the Goodies for Mom Blogging for Blood Cancer Event!!!! Please e-mail me your full name, and shipping address, along with the name of the prize you won as soon as possible so our wonderful sponsors can send you your prizes. Also note any prize specifications if applicable like personalization, size, color, etc.

Check out what you won at: http://goodiesformom.blogspot.com/2008/08/blogging-for-blood-cancer-winner.html

Thank you so much for helping us raise awareness for blood cancer and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Make sure to stop back and visit us at Goodies for Mom soon!

Sending lots of prayers for Justin and your whole family.