Saturday, August 16, 2008

Additional Opinions

Sometimes I find writing on this blog a bit difficult because I am not sure if I explain things correctly or clearly. So once again I will do my best to explain the results of Justin's PET scan.

The PET scan shows activity. More so then we would like. It is a bit worrisome. Dr. Fata wants us to speak with Dr. Ezz, the radiation oncologist who specializes in lymphoma as well as Dr. Alzoubi who practices in the lymphoma clinic at U of M. We saw Dr. Alzoubi back in February for a third opinion following our trip at Sloan Kettering in New York. He is very familiar with Justin and his case since Dr. Fata has kept in touch with him. Dr. Fata told us that he truly believes that both doctors will confirm radiation as the next step and wants us as well as him to feel comfortable with that decision.

I'll be honest, it was not the news we wanted to hear and has been very difficult to handle. But we keep reminding ourselves that the news could have been worse. Justin and I are disappointed that he did show uptake. We had hoped that the reports would have given him the all clear.

As you can tell, this week we will spend time with several doctors asking loads of questions that will hopefully give us the comfort we need to move to the next step.

Justin is feeling exceptionally well. He said he is a bit tired...but too me he really doesn't seem that way. I think Justin is used to 5 hours of sleep and he still needs about 8 hours, so to him, he is tired! It is great to see him spending so much time with Jackson. They really do enjoy each other and I know it means the world to Justin to be the dad he always imagined. So today, we focus on the fact that he is feeling excellent and we are taking full advantage of that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things will work out, I just know it. Put your heads down, barrel through the next month or two - Life will return to normal before you know it. Keep the focus, the family and the faith close. Thinking about you guys often. Justin, give me a call if you feel like talking, would love to catch up. - J Summerson

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry this isn't the news you wanted to hear. Thinking of you, Ellen