Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Little Update

I had originally planned to update in February which would mark two years since Justin's diagnosis. We have some very exciting news that just can't wait! We are expecting our second child in May 2010. No words can accurately describe just how excited we are. I know that fertility is a big concern for many Hodgkin's patients, especially since many that are diagnosed are a young age. If this is a concern, I hope our story can offer inspiration that it can happen.

Besides Justin's checkups every three months, life really has moved on for us. In some ways it is the same and others it is very different. We are just continually thankful for Justin's good health and have an endless list of things we feel grateful for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hone Family!
All my love,
Ellen

Unknown said...

Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for!!! Congratulations! I can't even tell you how excited we were to find out you were expecting. We can't wait for the baby to come:) !!
Love you guys!
-Sarah, Steve, Niko and Alex

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news. Really happy for you guys. Jeff Summerson, Seattle, WA

Rosa said...

Congratulations! I am a cancer survivor and I work for ChiliTechnology. The ChiliPad is a great invention for people who have medical conditions that make them too hot to sleep - it's a cooling mattress pad. You can set any temp. you want down to 46 degrees. It also heats - if you need that. Unlike the electric blanket it keeps the electromagnetic field far away from the body - so doesn't increase your risk of cancer or get in the way of healing. It really helped me during chemo when I was getting sweats and chills. I thought your readers might be helped by this info.