Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Our "Normal"

Things around the house are beginning to return to "normal". Not too sure what that means to us anymore. Maybe it would be easier to describe things as calming down a bit. I know Justin was feeling good about only one doctor's appointment this week.

Justin's pastime: Ebay. He has been very successful at selling many items the past week. I am excited that he is getting rid of all of the old cell phones [I am surprised people want cell phones from 1999...who knew?], but have become concerned that he might move on to other items we still need. I am grateful that he has found something to keep his mind occupied. Hopefully he won't clear our house out completely.

Mamu and Pa [Justin's grandparents] came to visit this weekend and brought Kupees. I think I spelled it right. I don't know, they are hamburgers from Lima. Now I have to be honest, I did poke fun at the entire Kupee obsession when Justin and I were first together, but I do enjoy their burgers once in a while. Mamu and Pa brought us lots of other treats, too. Regardless, it was nice to spend time with them.

Overall, Justin doesn't seem to be as tired from this round of chemo then his first three. He has begun to lower his amount of steroids. The process will take about a month. Justin said he is very nervous about having withdrawal symptoms. Day 5, so far so good. I think the anxiety is really difficult, for both of us. Waiting for the results of his CT scan was hard. We have noticed that both of us get stressed out waiting for the results. CT/PET scans unfortunately will be around for a while, even when his treatment is done. One day at a time...

One "norm" around our house, of course, is Tiger Baseball. Thank goodness we are getting some bragging rights back here in the "D." I am still holding back...three wins in a row is good, but we still have a long way to go. It was nice to see the "D" kick some behind in Cleveland. I was feeling pretty down after such shameful losses in Chicago. Justin says I am being too critical. He never lost hope. He has always been the positive one :)

Jackson of course is doing great. He got another tooth this week, or maybe two more. I have lost count. I think reality has hit me...he will be having steak at his first birthday party.

We'd like to thank all of you for your continued love and support. Justin is glad for all the e-mails and phone calls. And of course, thank you to our parents. You help us so much...I am not sure how we will every thank you for all that you do. It helps make such a difficult situation seem manageable.

Here's to continued good news, more sleep and sanity!!!

No comments: