Sunday, March 30, 2008

The "Hone" Advantage

So, I asked Justin what he wanted to name our blog and thought it would be cool to pick a name related to sports. He thought The Hone Team. It seemed appropriate since we are a team, in this together. Jackson, me and Justin. Sure, Jackson and I don't physically have cancer, but I feel like I do mentally. I am sure his parents, my parents and all other family members feel the same.

Then I really started to think about the name Justin suggested and felt it had an even deeper meaning. Any sports nut out there will tell you that the home team always has the advantage. I have always asked Justin to explain why this is so, and being the sports nut that he is, has many reasons. There are two main reasons I remember. 1) The home team knows all the secrets to playing their best on their own court, field, turf, etc. 2) Fans. Apparently fans supporting a team is key to the amount of adrenaline the team has that ultimately allows them to play better.

Well, Hodgkin's, considering you are the visiting team, you clearly have a disadvantage. You are on Justin's turf right now, and I see no welcoming committee. Justin has the most elaborate team cheering for him. Not only does he have the support of his family and friends , he also has doctors and a chemo cocktail that wants you to lose. No one feels sorry for you. It is time to go.

1 comment:

Ellen Klem said...

Go Team Hone! Your BIGGEST fan, Ellen